Traffic is the yardstick for measuring blog value or worth. It is the foundation of every blog, and a blog without traffic is worthless. In this post, we shall be looking at the best ways to increase your blog traffic.
A lot of bloggers get disappointed and quit blogging because they are not getting traffic. It is really frustrating. Imagine having a shop but no one is visiting your shop.
If all you need is traffic on your blog, then you need not to worry anymore because I have come with a solution to your problem.
Below are better ways to increase your blog traffic.
1. Social Media: One of the most effective ways to get massive blog traffic is through social media.
It is important to syndicate your blog to social media platforms, most especially Facebook and Twitter.
Facebook and Twitter have millions of active users. So, syndicating each of your blog posts to such social media would help you to tap onto their traffic.
For this to work well, you need to create a special Facebook page and a Twitter account for your blog.
Copy your blog posts link and post it on your social media account so that anyone that is interested in getting the information would have no option than to visit your blog.
Also, there is a way to auto syndicate blog posts to social media. There are free services called; Blog Network and Twitter Feed that will take care of the job for you.
Aside syndication, making your blog post easy for to share across social media is another decent method to drive a massive traffic to your blog.
Just enable social media buttons on your blog. You can see that this blog has social media share buttons at the top and button of every posts.
This allows visitors to share our posts on social media. You can also add floating share button to make social sharing easier for your blog visitors. Try it out and you will see how prominent your posts would be.
2. Custom Domain Name: Having a custom domain name will also help you increase your blog traffic. A domain name is your blog unique online identity.
If you are using a free domain such as .blogspot.com or .WordPress.com, it is likely that some people will not be interested to visit your blog.
Besides, a blog using custom domain is likely to rank higher in Google search results than a blog that use free domain.
Although some popular blog use free .blogspot, the possibility of making it with free domain is low.
If you are still using free domain .blogspot.com, you need to change to custom domain.
3. Guest Blogging: Another way to drive a massive traffic to your blog is by writing articles for popular blogs and websites. Doing this will increase your blog traffic and also make your blog rank well in Google search if you attach back link to guest post. Don’t just write for them, you need to attach back link connecting you blog.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): For your blog to rank high in Google search results, you must have proven to Google that your blog posts are relevant to search queries.
A lot of bloggers do not know how to use Google keywords. If you are one of them, then you should learn how to use keywords.
- Keywords should be included in the first paragraph of your post.
- Ensure your keywords are included in your post URL
- Keywords should also be included in the post title.
- Your keywords should be scattered all around the post body, but do not overdo it. Put your blog readers at the top priority when writing your blog posts.
You can search through google “how to improve blog SEO”, I’m sure you will see a lot of white-hat options.
5. Sitemap and Pinging: Submitting your blog sitemaps to Google and pinging your blog will help to drive a massive traffic to your blog.
6. Comments: Search for popular blogs that are on a similar topic with your blog and make sure you leave a comment alongside your blog link. Doing that will help you get back link to improve your blog traffic.
Over to you
If you know other methods to increase blog traffic, drop it in the comment section below….