How BVN can ruin you NYSC registration in Camp – what you must know
BVN shouldn’t be a new thing to Prospective Corps members (PCMs). Here, we will inform you how BVN has a connection with NYSC.
What is BVN?
The Bank Verification Number commonly called BVN is a biometric identification system implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria.
It is a modern security measure in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 1958 to reduce fraud in the banking system.
NYSC connection with BVN
Before going to NYSC orientation as a Prospective Corps members, you should;
1. Have a bank account with any commercial bank in Nigeria.
2. The bank account must be fully supported with Bank Verification Number (BVN).
3. Your names on your BVN should match with the names on your school documents.
If not you may have serious issues opening a new NYSC allowance account in NYSC Orientation camp.
1. If you have not registered for BVN with your bank, go and register for it.
2. Store your BVN on your phone just like you stored your contacts. It would help you to remember it in camp.
3. If you have forgotten your BVN, go to your bank to retrieve it or dial *565*0# on your mobile phone number linked to your bank account.
4. If your name on BVN varies with the name on your school document, please, go to your bank for BVN update.
Before going to the NYSC Orientation camp, make sure your name as appeared on BVN is the same with the one on your school documents. If your name deviate, you may run into big trouble when trying to open NYSC allowance account in camp. If you don’t know which name is on your BVN, please contact your bank.
Any question? Kindly ask us in the comment section below.
4 CommentsAdd a Comment
The name on my certificate is Daniel Rotimi but on my Bvn: Daniel Rotimi Adeniyi will this affect me in camp
Due to the fact that I did change of name to my husband’s name ,it means the name and using in school will be different from the name I have in bank on my bvn bcus I already use my husband’s name in bank too….is there any problem with that
What if the DOB on my bvn is different from the DOB opened for Lnysc allowance?
The date of birth on my BVN is 12/04/1995 and it is 12/04/1993 on NYSC portal. Hope this will not affect payment of my Allowed.