MTN Nigeria Recruitment, Qualified candidates should see the job details.
Click for more Jobs at MTN Nigeria We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
MTN Nigeria Recruitment Job Title: Engineer – Submarine Network Support, Network Job Identification: 3432 Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Job
Category: MTN Level 3H Job Schedule: Full time Reports To: Manager – Submarine Cable Division: Networks Description
• Carry out preventive maintenance of terminal station (dry plant equipment.
This include but not limited to:
• SLTE alarm check
• SLTE performance monitoring
• SLTE optical measurement
• PFE alarm check
• PFE voltage/current check
• PFE calibration
• SN (submarine NMS) backup
• Wet plant monitoring (repeater and branching unit)
• Maintain the SLDs (Straight Line Diagrams) and RPLs (Route Position List), ensuring that they are updated after every major cable repair. • Perform corrective maintenance on terminal station equipment in coordination with the NOC. This includes but not limited to:
• Make observations
• Initiate corrective procedures or decide on course of action
• Record all relevant observation and results
• Rectify faults or notify responsible section
• Perform first line equipment repair or notify responsible authority
• Implement dispatch procedure for faulty equipment • Confirm repair
• Compile report on any failure event
• Maintain and update system maintenance documents
• Implement WOs (Work Orders) for new circuits in conjunction with the NOC.
• Test new circuits in conjunction with other stations and local terrestrial network O&M staff. • Inventory management. The management of installed and spare inventory.
• Monitor the routine maintenance activities of suppliers and act as RHE for them in case of emergency and recommend changes to agreed methods and procedures based on observation and data.
• Implement and maintain all interconnectivity on customer access pre-cabled and On-demand ODFs based on WOs for MTN and other submarine cable parties.
• Provide first line maintenance on MTN terrestrial backhaul network equipment at the landing station. Requirements Education:
• A First Degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline. Experience: 3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
• Minimum of two years work experience in Telecommunication industry, with specific experience using multiplexers microwave, satellite and fiber optic transmission equipment. Application Closing Date 30th October, 2023.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Job Title: Manager – Roaming Operations, MTN GlobalConnect Job Identification: 3432 Location: Nigeria Job Category: MTN Level 3H Job Schedule: Full time Job Description The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall ensure the leadership and performance for the Roaming Hub in all of the following areas operationally:
• Bayobab positioning as the best Roaming hub provider in Africa and the Middle East.
• Management: provide operational advice, oversight, and coordination with the SM, colleagues, and Bayobab stakeholders internally
• OpCo: Establish and maintain direct relationships to MTN OpCo technical and network teams.
• Reporting: Creation and presentation of regular reporting about technical operations performance, as well as MTN OpCo and Roaming Partner (“RP”) engagement
• Roaming Partners: Ensure the end-to-end engagement with RPs in terms of coordination, management, and onboarding in Business Operations • Roaming Testing: IREG, TADIG, & GRQ testing performance, vendor management, and SIM Card Administration
• Roaming VAS: Maintain oversight and reporting over the performance of Traffic Steering, Messaging, BRG, GLR, & VHE Solutions
• Insourcing: engagement with internal process vendors, e.g. Managed Services and Finance
• Outsourcing: Engagement with external process vendors, e.g. signalling, testing, and RVAS • Processes: Ensure the end-to-end documentation and understanding of operational processes The Roaming Business Operations Manager will be accountable to achieve the following core KPA’s:
• Representation: Technical and contractual representation of the Roaming Hub internally and externally
• Engagement: With OpCo’s, RPs, internal cross-functional stakeholders, and external vendors • Reporting: Regular weekly, monthly, and ad-doc reporting on all assigned areas
• Testing: Ensure the planning and reporting of all IR Service Opening & Testing (SOT), as well as any issues with the external vendor
• RVAS: Ensure the planning, performance, and reporting of all IR RVAS, as well as any issues with the external vendors and OpCo’s
• Vendors: Ensure management and accountability of outsourced processes and engagement with vendors. Responsibilities The Roaming Business Operations Manager’s responsibilities in this position are to:
• Advise the SM of Roaming Business on all technical and contractual aspects of the Roaming Hub.
• Lead, coach, mentor, and develop direct reports.
• Provide development, coaching, and performance feedback, as well as appraisal to assigned subordinates.
• Produce, review, and provide regular and on-going Business Operations reporting. • Partner with Wholesale, Market Manager, Managed Services, Bayobab stakeholders, and external vendors to ensure optimum smooth and seamless technical and contractual operations of the Roaming Hub. • Analyse service performance parameters of Business Operations and RPs and use Roaming Hub intel to improve operational performance. Output The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall deliver the following output in this position: Reporting: • Ensure that Roaming Business Operations Reports are created and reported up and down the chain • Ensure proper action plans are in place to correct and exceed operational performance. Personnel: • Conduct regularly scheduled appraisals of all direct reports in terms of IPF (EVP). • Involve the SM of Roaming and Bayobab Wholesale Mobility Commercial, as, when, and how prescribed. • Meetings: Conduct regular Roaming Business Operations to report on performance and set action plans for Testing, and RVAS. Vendor Management: • Signalling: Engage with Managed Services and the MTN Bayobab Signalling Hub and to ensure the performance of Roaming Signalling Hub and to provide timely feedback • RVAS: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Mobileum • Testing: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Vendor • OpCo’s: update Bayobab Roaming Account Management on OpCo engagement monthly. Qualifications Education: • Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Engineering, and/or Telecommunications • Formal leadership certification training (preferred) • English: verbal and written proficiency • French and any other language: an advantage. Experience: • Leadership experience gained in International Roaming operations, preferably also in a Roaming Hub • Experience in commercial contract negotiations, preferably IR Hub Agreements • 5 + years’ experience in the leadership and development of teams
• Experienced in creating and conducting presentations in English
. • Experienced in presenting to senior management and executives.
• Experience in engagement with and management of external vendors Competencies: • Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills • Strong analytical, investigative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. • Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. • Excellent influencing skills, in particular with decision-makers. • End-to-end understanding of mobile roaming operations – both technical and commercial. • Broad knowledge of roaming billing, network engineering, and roaming operations. Application Closing Date 24th October, 2023. How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Job Title: Senior Manager – Platforms Infrastrucre, MTN GlobalConnect Job Identification: 3571 Location: Nigeria Job Category: MTN Level 3H Job Schedule: Full time Job Description • Ensure future proof Core networks, and network design to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external. Strategic planning (brainstorming with all relevant departments) for Core networks. • Active participation in FiberCo and GC central expansion and growth initiatives • Delivery of Roaming, Messaging, Signaling, Voice Core & UCC platform solutions enabling new and existing services. • Translate MTNGC’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into: • Requirements for the roaming and mobility platforms • Requirements for the messaging platform • Requirements for the signaling network • Requirements for the voice core platforms • Requirements for the unified communications and collaboration platforms • Requirements for the value-added services (VAS) and security networks relating to above. • Strategically drive the Design and plan for cost efficient/least cost Core networks to support MTNGC rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking cognizance of technology developments. • Plan and monitor Core planning budget in line with business plan and departmental goals and targets • Select vendors based on technical expertise and ability to rollout • Ensure Network Service Provider (NSP) and Hyperscaler Provider requirements are met, oversee technical planning initiatives. • Develop the capacity and functionality requirements for the Core network elements. • Development of policies on the deployment of selected equipment • Oversee and approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.) • Oversee outsourced projects, vendor selection and relationship, vendor performance and solution delivery. • Participate as technical lead in all procurement negotiations with vendors • Oversee Rollout of the Core platforms • Ensure on time planning and designs are released • Oversee and drive rollout, installation and integration of new nodes and systems • Provide weekly and monthly reporting on performance • Oversees the issues relating to resource requirements to complete critical design, planning and process tasks • Defining and managing KPI’s • Communicates actively throughout Planning group. • Act as technical representative in contract negotiations with BLS/Commercial legal department • Manage budgetary management for both capital and operational expenditure Responsibilities The Role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives: • Developing the MTN GC planning function to meet the changing needs of the business and users, new projects, and technologies • Collaborating with business teams to continuously evolve MTN GC systems, focusing on supporting increased sales, customer experience, and profitability. • Facilitating Network governance process in coordination with MTN GCTIO stakeholders and Senior Management, participate in planning for future strategic innovation and business needs. • Defining Core network planning tools, processes, and standards, and roadmaps. • Reviewing the designs and functional requirements of the Core network within scope to ensure that all requirements are satisfied. • Working with business and technology leaders as appropriate to ensure proper alignment of business systems solutions with business goals and processes. • Establishing standards, methodologies, and documentation for the Core networks. • Deliver a target Product and Services architecture with a 3 year time horizon taking global technology developments into consideration • Maintain budgetary spend within the company approved business plan • Ensure timeous rollout of Core infrastructure and services. • According to departmental KPI’s in line with the company mission, objectives, and customer satisfaction indices. Qualifications Education: • Minimum of 4-year Academic Degree (B Eng. / BSc Degree preferred) • Master’s Degree (advantageous) • Relevant certification/accreditation/membership with professional body as required for role • Fluent in English and language of country (preferable) Experience: • 5+ Years of progressive experience managing the implementation, integration, and operations of carrier-level applications in a variety of technology footprints. • Functional experience in Core platforms including messaging, mobility, roaming, Signaling, and related value-added services (VAS) and security. • Knowledge of IP, CCNA is an added advantage. • Solid understanding of virtualisation and cloud-based solutions and technologies in relation to Roaming, Messaging and Signaling platforms • Hands on experience with Roaming, Messaging and Signaling hubs / platforms as well as value added platforms. • Hands on experience with SMS Routing, Hub, and Firewall technology • Understanding open connectivity roaming hub and/or experience working with Data Clearing Houses is a valuable asset. • Strong Knowledge on GSM/LTE/5G network architecture and Signaling architecture (STP’s/DRA/DEA). • Strong Knowledge on End to End architecture and connectivity at solution level including core network, Signaling, roaming and VAS. • Expert Knowledge of Signaling protocols and standards relating to CAMEL/GRX/GTP/DIAMETER, SIP, RTP, MEGACO, SCCP, GSM MAP and SS7/SIGTRAN/ISUP. • Understanding of the standard call flows for messaging, roaming Vas and Signaling involving multiple services. • Basic understanding of IPX and its positioning with the career network infrastructure. • Understanding of IoT platforms, providers and mobile roaming and roaming VAS. • Expert in SMS/SMPP data solutions (A2P, P2A, P2P, RCS, etc). • Understanding of billing systems, CDR’s, TAP flows, TAP files. • Knowledge of UNIX-Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Windows, Linux and cloud technology including containerisation (CNF’s). • Extensive knowledge of virtualized environments (VNF’s), API’s. • Understanding of other core platform and network areas including voice core, unified communications and collaboration, and related value-added services (VAS) and security. Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols • Understanding of troubleshooting processes for connectivity and services. • Functional experience in Core platforms including voice, unified communications and collaboration, and related value-added services (VAS) and security. • Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and call flows as well a troubleshooting • Extensive knowledge of virtualized environments (VNF’s) and API’s. • Extensive knowledge of cloud native solutions i.e containerisation (CNF’s). • Strong Knowledge on IMS Core technologies and GSM/LTE/5G network architecture. • Strong knowledge in Voice Core network elements – MSC, MGW, HLR, HSS, SBC and IMS (TAS and CSCF), EPC. • Extensive experience with unified communications and collaboration (UCC) platforms including voice, IP telephony, instant messaging, desktop sharing, presence and web conferencing, audio and video conferencing, hosted contact centre solutions, etc. • Strong understanding of various deployment architectures and approaches including customer premise, infrastructure partnerships, interconnects, cloud delivery UCaaS, etc. • Understanding and experience with IP, VoLTE, VoWiFi, or IMS nodes (SBG, CSCF, DNS/ENUM, MMTEL, SCC-AS, HSS, AFG). • Experience and knowledge with Mobile Number portability and Number inventory management solutions. • Platform analytics relating to voice and UCC platforms. • Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation • Leadership and organisational skills • Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills • Time management and agility towards change both organisational and network • Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written • Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set • Worked across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous) • Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 2 years in relevant sector/ industry • Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous. Competencies: • Implementers, Decisive Problem Solver, Best Practice Value Creator • Culture and Change Champion, Guiding People Manager, Relationship Builder • Results Achiever, Operationally Astute • Detailed knowledge on the international telecommunication infrastructure industry regarding latest industry trends and competitive landscape within the MTN GC footprint • Strong understanding of managed networks • Strong analytical skills to be able to execute market analysis, competitor landscape reports and customer monitoring – Understanding the connectivity infrastructure wholesales landscape with a focus of emerging markets • Ensures execution of strategies through creating and implementing tactical plans for others to follow • Encourages commercial innovation and continuous improvement for systems, processes, products, and service offerings • Role models ethical practices by living the MTN values and vital behaviours for others to follow • Builds relationships across the business in order to influence decision-makers and build team credibility • Produces sustainable divisional results through ethical practices • Sets priorities, plans, organizes and co-ordinates the work of others. Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks: • Accountable for a customer centric culture. • Employee relations and collaborative teamwork. • Build professionalism, loyalty, and commitment to the organization. • Communicate actively and effectively resolving any potential conflicts that may arise. • Living the MTN Brand – changing and influence employees behaviour. • Manage conflict proactively and monitor disciplinary and grievance actions and trends • Team learning and knowledge sharing within team; appropriate strategic timing for people up-skilling in line with newly developed technologies and strategic practices. Application Closing Date 25th October, 2023. How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Job Title: Coordinator – Regional Safety, Human Resources Job Identification: 3568 Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers Job Category: MTN Level 2 Job Schedule: Full time Reports To: Manager – Safety Division: Human Resources Mission • To ensure the effective management of risk while identifying, implementing, monitoring, and ensuring control for mitigating hazards • To ensure the MTNN safety systems and processes are in compliance with relevant applicable laws and requirements • To ensure the safety of all persons, company assets, and the reputation of the company within the safety space. Description • Advice and support MTN Regional Management and Staff on results from audits and risk assessments related to the following areas: work areas, operations, critical jobs, and critical tasks to ensure a safe working environment at all times. • Conduct regular safety, health, and environmental (SHE) surveillance to identify hazards and actively prevent incidents. • Develop and review SHE-specific targets for regional operations in line with the MTN SHE annual plan and evaluate contractor SHE performance for the region. • Co-ordinate SHE Audits on MTN Facilities and BTS Sites and Partners (e.g., MTNN-approved hotels) and contractor sites to monitor compliance with approved SHE standards and/or relevant local and international legislation and co-ordinate pre-mobilization audits for clients within the area of coverage. • Participate actively through the provision of advice and support during the regional incident investigation to establish the root cause, cascade lateral learnings, and make recommendations to minimize re-occurrence. • Monitor MTNN contractors on SHE issues and ensure compliance with MTNN SHE policy requirements. • Produce a weekly performance report on the regional SHE activities to support the overall SHE objectives and a quarterly regional performance report. • Participate in the development and review of SHE processes and procedures by ensuring that documentation is done in line with the best practices and standards. • Oversee and coordinate all activities of direct reports, and ensure all transactions and administrative documentation are recorded and available for business use. • Ensure timely resolution of all applicable or relevant internal concerns within scope. Requirements Education: • A First Degree in any of the Sciences, Engineering, Arts, or Humanities • An MSc or MBA in a relevant field will be an added advantage. Experience: • 3–7 years of relevant experience in SHE management and coordination • Membership in the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) or any other recognized HSE organization • Experience working in a medium organization • Experience in Professional Safety, Health, and Environment Functions, with good exposure to and level of experience in HSE • Proficient in MS Office applications and other Microsoft tools • Ability to use and understand SHE software tools and applications and apply them to work. Application Closing Date 25th October, 2023. How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Job Title: Coordinator – Device Logistics and Support, Fixed Broadband Job Identification: 3558 Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Job Category: MTN Level 2 Job Schedule: Full time Reports To: Manager – Device Logistics and Support Division: Fixed Broadband Mission • To support in identifying new device technology and coordinate the development and review of test processes and procedures for all broadband device categories. • To ensure device distribution and stock management in compliance with laid-down processes and procedures in alignment with the regional sales teams. Description • Manage broadband device quality, testing, performance, and functionality in line with business needs and network compatibility • Develop strategies and collaborate with internal stakeholders on broadband device category requirements, packaging, and procurement. • Provide regular support and updates to vendors and users where technical upgrades or support are required for device performance and functionality. • Ensure broadband device categories are bundled with approved data propositions and relevant information. • Monitor broadband device performance and coordinate feedback and swap processes on defective, faulty, or damaged devices. • Provide outstanding technical support with the use of a variety of technical tools to analyze and troubleshoot issues in real-time and investigate solutions. • Execute all periodic device-related initiatives. • Work with regional technical staff in the areas of device performance, fault and escalation management, and effective solutions. • Work with regional field sales staff in the area of logistics and planning to undertake effective sales activities. • Work with marketing, IT, NWK, and GSSC to ensure device quality management. Requirements Education: • First Degree in Social Sciences or Computer Science or Engineering • Fluent in English. Experience: • 3–7 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience working with others to include: • Experience in project planning, product testing, customer support, engineering, or a related function • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) • Telecoms experience would be an advantage. • Experience working in a medium organization. Application Closing Date 25th October, 2023. How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online