About One Acre Fund Founded in 2006,
One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions.
With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests.
On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information. About the Role You will report to the Nigeria People Lead and help implement compensation and benefits programs following OAF policies to attract and retain great people.
You will also support projects to create higher levels of employee engagement and employee experience.
Responsibilities Payroll and Statutory Obligations Management
• Prepare accurate monthly payroll updates including new hires, terminations, promotions, bonuses and changes to pay rates for review and submission to the finance team within agreed timelines.
• Monitor payroll tools daily to ensure that issues raised or changes requested are addressed within the payroll period they are requested.
• Support the preparation and dissemination of critical reports for decision-making for important payroll partners including the Field Staff Management team, the benefits team among others.
• Comply with payroll data security by ensuring that.
• Confirm that staff have been approved to access payroll data before sharing any payroll data
• Only relevant data is shared with other partners based on approved requests
• Review access rights and submit a list of staff whose access is revoked or changed are updated on relevant payroll documents and tools
• Prepare schedules for all payroll related statutory
liabilities (Pension, NSITF, ITF, NHF and PAYE) and facilitate the remittance, reconciliation and reporting of the same, thereby ensuring that OAF complies with all payroll related statutory laws and regulations.
• Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors promptly and escalate any issues arising Benefits Management
• You will administer OAF employee benefits while ensuring compliance and efficiency in service rendering.
• You will source for staff feedback and carry out periodic market research to determine benefits based on staff needs, share the report with your Supervisor.
• In liaison with your supervisor, you will work towards, maintaining a competitive employee benefits program based on employee needs
• You will support with your line manager to develop and implement Service level agreements with third-party benefits providers to ensure quality access to benefits by all OAF staff Employee Experience
• Collaborate with team members and partners across OAF on employee engagement projects
• Create proactive approaches to well-being in the organisation to guide physical and mental well-being
• Support the People Lead in implementing initiatives aimed at enhancing OAF’s employer brand in Nigeria
• Support the People Lead with the delivery of the engagement strategies and associated activities
• Support with designing approaches to internal communications which will amplify employee voice. Staff Policy and Practice
• Conduct research relating to statutory and regulatory requirements and best practice to inform policy development
• Help develop HR policies to guide employee conduct and ensure compliance with legal and best practice requirement
• Implement awareness programs for all policies to ensure clear understanding by all staff.
• Respond to straightforward requests for policy advice by following established procedures.
• Build a culture of accountability for your docket in compensation and benefits as you;
• Implement relevant performance and development objectives set.
• Identify learning and development opportunities that would equip you to learn new skills and continue to grow in your career,
• Ensure that you stay up-to-date with any changes in relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, internal policies and any updates to the system and provide updates to your Lead on the same. Career Growth and Development We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career. Qualifications Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have ,+3 years of HR Generalist experience with at least 2+ years of experience in compensation and benefit administration. Understanding of all statutory deductions and remittance process and Federal and state tax laws .
Knowledge of the use of HR Information systems and ERPs (experience using Sage payroll is an added advantage) • Excellent understanding of job evaluation methods Preferred Start Date As soon as possible Job Location Abuja, Nigeria (with occasional to travel field locations) Benefits Health insurance, paid time off Eligibility This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria Application Deadline 30 September 2023 One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the
interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an
@oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.